Isaiah 55:12

For you will go out in joy, and come back with peace; the mountains and the hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees in the fields will clap their hands. Isaiah 55:12

Tuesday 12 November 2013

Sunday, Nov 10, 2013

This past Sunday, Calvary Church held its annual Congregational Business meeting.  I was asked to outline my thoughts about my sabbatical to the gathered members.  I briefly tried to explain that no, I was not tired, or burned out, but I wanted to obey the biblical concept of rest.  I would have liked to have explained exactly what I was going to do, but since there are no confirmations as yet to actual place and endeavours, I could only be vague about that.  I was amazed at the enthusiasm the members displayed. The leader of the meeting even said she thought my proposal was 'awesome'.  I feel truly humbled by their response. I think my congregation is wonderful.  I am so spoiled!

No comments:

Post a Comment