Isaiah 55:12

For you will go out in joy, and come back with peace; the mountains and the hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees in the fields will clap their hands. Isaiah 55:12

Tuesday 2 September 2014

At the airport

As we are waiting to board I think of the incredible process to get to this time.  We got the vision,  made application, we were accepted, and then we worked toward the transition.  I learned a tiny bit of a new language, and attempted to get our finances in order.  This even included adjusting our legal  Will. We had our inoculations,  made provision for our house, so that meant getting organized and clean!  We have tried to tie up all the loose ends.  The hardest part though was saying goodbye. I  know it is only for three months, but a lot can change, and when we return, everything will have changed.  We are excited for the new adventure, but wish we were taking everyone with us!  The process made me think of  the transition to the end of life and the joy that awaits the christian.  We all have to prepare now, and we are reluctant to go forward without all our loved ones.

Margaret and I have made arrangements to visit the Oakey side of the family in Bath, UK, and there is a gathering of the Harper's, my mother's side of the family, in Headley Heath.  Haven't seen these folks since they visited here about eight years ago.

We are so blessed to be able to do this!

1 comment:

  1. I thought I had commented on this but now I don't see it! So exciting for you! Go...be a blessing as I know you will and BE BLESSED! I am still working on you know who to make the trip there. I mean, why not? We're retired...kinda!

    ReplyDelete