Isaiah 55:12

For you will go out in joy, and come back with peace; the mountains and the hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees in the fields will clap their hands. Isaiah 55:12

Sunday 30 November 2014

Bittersweet Times

This last week has gone by too quickly. Nov.24, we went to Banias(Ceasarea-Phillippi) and had a great time with the SERVE Nazareth team. The next night we had our 'last supper' together, as a team. Wednesday we were at Husam's. Thursday I had to say bye to my OT friends, and we were taken to a great restaurant with friends. Saturday we took
chocolates to share with our co-workers at Nazareth Village. It has been a time of expressing appreciation, sharing laughs and having to say 'good-bye'. This has been hard, because we have become fast friends with so many. I felt close to tears a number of times. Several have asked if I will come back some time. I want to say yes, but I have to be real, knowing it has taken me so long to get here this time, and there are many other places in the world I would like to see. Have I had a great time, met wonderful people, enjoyed great food, seen Biblical sites? Enjoyed Israel? Definitely yes! Have I felt like I was instrumental in doing God's work while in Nazareth? Unequivocally, YES!
Would I like to come back, yes! So it has been a week of endings and good-byes. We were glad Christine found an old suitcase for us as we have bought souveniers, and were given many gifts making it impossble to stay under weight requirements for our luggage. We are also looking forward to home. To be able to sleep in our own bed, back to the familiar home, close to family, with our friends at Calvary Church, will be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment