Isaiah 55:12

For you will go out in joy, and come back with peace; the mountains and the hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees in the fields will clap their hands. Isaiah 55:12

Thursday 6 November 2014

Firstfruits!

I had a wonderful thing happen in the psychiatry department last week. When I arrived around ten thirty, things were quiet on the ward. Eventually there were a few residents who emerged from their rooms. One of the young men called me aside and made the astounding statement, in English,'I want to be like you'. I asked what he meant by that, and he mumbled about 'doing charity work'. Because of the language barrier, I figured I was totally out of my league, so I suggested he talk with the guy who was to interpret my story that day, Simone. Simone is a resident of Nazareth, who is associated with Campus life, an evangelical association working mostly with students. He sat the man down, and started asking questions. It was not long before I noticed the two with bowed heads, praying. Simone explaied later the young man had become a Christian. I was so glad. Before I left, I also asked the man some questions and offered to get him a Bible. He thanked me, assuring me he already had one. I told him that according to the Bible, all heaven was rejoicing with him, and us, that he was now on a life journey with Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment